Monday, March 5, 2018

Chicago or New York

I really wanted to follow a technique for making Chicago Style Pizza.  So I found a youtube video (see below) that represented  a pretty good idea of what I wanted to follow.

I followed his tips (youtube video below) and I came up with a pretty darned good pizza.   I am bummed that I didn't take pics of the inside and process, but darn it was good. My variations were to add a little olive and pepperoni.  But just like the video suggested it was sauce on top and then a beautiful aged parmesan on top. 

I  didn't add the sugar or cornmeal or melted butter to the crust as the video suggested as I didn't have corn meal.   So I stuck with my usual homemade dough recipe.   I used the video to help me come up with my own process.  Which is seemingly now what cooking is for me.  How to make something "kinda like that" but my way.


Then within a few days, ( come on now, I had all the ingredients right??)  I wanted to make it the same way but kind of the way that we eat pizza out here in California, or at least what I think many of us eat.   I found a BEAUTIFUL Compromise on the two.  And I finally have the way to make the best pizza I know how to make,  and I can't wait to eat this again. (cook's note, less sauce next time).

So here is a gist of what I did. 

My homemade crust. (if you want me to link it, comment on my post and I can link)

Cento Crushed tomatoes, seasoned with basil, oregano, garlic, parsley, cooking on the side reducing to a thick sauce. 

After the dough was ready, I pressed the dough on the counter and generously drizzled olive oil on to the cast iron pizza skillet.  I then placed the dough on top of the oiled pan.
After arranging the dough, I added provolone slices to the crust, then sausage, pepperoni and the rest of the ingredients.  And then after all the toppings were on the pizza, I folded over the crust and drizzled with olive oil and baked at 400 for about 30 minutes.    Ten minutes before it was done I drizzled butter on the crust.  


I was very happy with the outcome of this pizza.

 Happy Monday!

How I learned a process for Chicago Style Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.