Saturday, March 3, 2018

Food Stuff - Fiesta Night

Friday night was Fiesta Night, which is not an unusual food type at my home.   The ins and outs of the week took a toll on me in many ways.... and I was planning steak and baked potatoes.

But this is was my reply to a weary boring Friday night.  Make a Fiesta dinner.  I had two steaks, both from the reduced for quick sell pile, seriously cheeep, like under 3 bucks!!!!  (one Ribeye and one New York).  One was in my freezer and one had been in the fridge a few days. 

How I cooked the steaks.... (not a real recipe), but you can get the idea.   I salted and peppered them and got the pan HOT, and then placed the steaks on a pat of sizzling butter on a super hot pan.  While they were sizzling I added red onion slices and bits to cook around the edges.  After five minutes I stirred the onions to the side and  flipped the steak for four minutes.  (They were not fully cooked by design).

I took the steaks out and then trimmed and sliced.  I put the sliced meat back into the pan to sizzle with the red onions, with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and about 1/3 cup Pace Medium picante sauce.    I cooked and sizzled for about 3-4 more minutes.

I had the corn tortillas in the next pan over warming up with a bit of cooking spray. (cutting back on fried.....)

That was about it, a side of shredded cheddar, some pretty lame lettuce from the old mother hubbard veggie compartments in my fridge, sliced limes, and well Corona and Tequilla if one is so inclined.    There was fresh salsa (Pico de Gallo), and sour cream.... and yes... a few chips. 


Ole'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.