Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Foodie post

Hello:
A co-worker suggested we have an Easter Breakfast...yummmm. It was the Thursday before Easter. 

I wanted to try something different so I examined recipes for Breakfast enchiladas, and presto.  This is what I came up with.   I am not a recipe writer but go to the end of the post to  get the gist of what I did.

This is the mixture before stuffing the corn tortillas.  (see recipe Chorizo Enchiladas below)

This is the prebaked dish - YUMMMY (see recipe Chorizo Enchiladas below)
 I did not get a post baking picture since this went into the oven at 6:30 am.   I am so not a morning photographer. 



Then THIS happened for the meal for home that night...because I hate wasting food and I love saving $ and utilizing supplies in my own house.  It was like buy one get one free meals.

I had a lot of  filling left so I decided to make some breakfast burrito enchiladas with the left over filling... YUMMY . (I had left over corn tortillas so I chopped them up and added to the mixture.  (next time, and there will be a next time) I might add a bit of black beans.


Sorry for the bad  blurry pic.


Top with cheese and sauce....


Bake...


It was darned tastey and I plan on doing these again.  Probably for Mother's Day Brunch.


Have a great week. Let me know if you try it.

Chorizo Potato Breakfast Enchiladas  by Toni


1/2  onion (I used yellow) chopped
1 green bell pepper medium - chopped
5- green onions  - chopped
6-9 ounces chorizo (this was a long green and yellow bright package)
3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
6-8 eggs
12-14 corn tortillas.
1/2-1 cup of cheddar cheese or White cheddar
1/2 - 1 cup pepper jack cheese
1 large can of La Victoria red enchilada sauce
Cayenne pepper to taste


Cook the Chorizo with the chopped green pepper and onion, and Cayenne pepper Remove from heat.
(I scootch the mixture to the side and tilt the pan and let the grease separate and pat with paper towels)

Fry the potato cubes until golden brown.
(I set on paper towels to drain)

Mix the fried potatoes with the  chorizo and set aside.

Whip and scramble 6-8 eggs.

Mix the eggs with the chorizo and potato mixture
Add half the chopped green onions.  Mix and set aside.

Lightly fry the corn tortillas in olive or veggie oil ( or steam them…but sometimes they are more sturdy fried)
( I put a paper towel between each tortilla)


Pour  a bit of sauce in the dish and dip a tortilla and stuff it with the mixture and a bit of cheese.
And keep doing this until the dish is full of enchiladas… pour more sauce over it and sprinkle cheese and 
The other half of the chopped green onions.

Cook about 350 for 25 minutes .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and feel free to leave me a note here.